Investment in real estate has always been an important part of life in the Indian social structure. It is the dream of every Indian to own a property that can be called home. This is one of the major financial decisions of a middle class Indian and needs careful consideration. One of the major factors that influence the choice of the apartment that you are likely to invest in, is the location. Proximity to work, school, hospitals, markets, and entertainment facilities is an important deciding factor. It is indeed quite easy to find all these near old, settled residential areas and neighbourhoods in cities such as Mumbai and Delhi but along come concerns such as high prices, saturation, and poor ROI. This has made the younger lot look at newer and upcoming localities with booming employment prospects. There are a number of reasons why these neighbourhoods are perfect for real estate investment.
- Employment opportunities – More and more international corporations, domestic companies, and new start-ups are all looking to move to suburban neighbourhoods which make for much lower overheads by way of office space costs and rentals. This means moving into an apartment in these locales will only make it quite convenient for you to find plenty of employment opportunities.
- Short commute – One of the greatest advantages of investing in an up and coming locality, a neighbourhood with ample employment prospects, is the short commute to work. In a city like Mumbai the time and money spent travelling to work and getting back home can be a major drain on your energy and finances. Owing a 2 BHK flat in Thane, which is closer to the business district can save you both.
- Favourable pricing – An investment in an apartment is a major financial decision. For most, first time homeowners, it will mean opting for a home loan and having to repay through EMIs. A newly developing locale which is attracting businesses and employment opportunities is highly likely to provide favourable pricing for the property than an older established neighbourhood. This means that you may find it affordable to buy a luxury apartment in Thane for the price of a cramped 1BHK in older parts of Mumbai.
- Excellent ROI – The most important thing to remember while investing in an apartment is the ROI. A young and booming neighbourhood or locality is likely to provide a great ROI in say 2 or 3 decades. This is hardly likely in older neighbourhoods where the price saturation does not allow for appreciation of property value. Besides investing in the latter may make it difficult to make a sale at a later date if the need arises.
- Better facilities – One of the greatest advantages of opting for a flat in a newly developed locale or a suburban tract is the availability of facilities that may not be available in older parts of metro cities. For example, most of the newly developing projects in Thane come with facilities such as clubhouses, in-house gymnasiums, state-of-the-art security facilities, and even swimming pools. Add to this, green spaces and parks in the vicinity and you know why you will want to live here.
- Social fabric – One of the greatest joys of life is to have a great social life. The newer neighbourhoods are likely to attract people of the same social fabric and ethos. This makes life in the community joyful and wholesome.